Ricky and the American Girl (long book review)

" He was repeating number a number to himself. He could remember her mobile phone number!" (p. 37)

It is fearful, isn't it?? Ricky heard a phone number of an American girl who he loved at first sight. If I were Ricky, I can't that.

We discussed this book in 2nd Literature Circle.

 In 2nd Literature Circle, I was connector and Artistic Adventure. 

▼I was connected a date plan.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

In this story, there is date scene, so I searched what boys have to be careful when go out with girlfriend. I introduce 2 points. 

First, I will talk about planning. Before date, they may think that they must plan perfectly. Although they don’t have to do so. It is because girls have to obeying this plan. Let’s think about your high school life. You have to move obeying time table for class. Planning date perfectly is same as that. On the contrary, Ricky didn’t have any plan. It is not good, too. So, what is important? It is “making a choice.” For example, you are girlfriend. “Where do you want to eat?” What do you reply this question? It may be difficult. Although what do you think such question? “ Do you want to eat Italian or Japanese?” You may be easy to reply. Moreover, boys can lead girlfriend naturally. 

Second, I will talk about content of talking. Speaking about only yourself is not good. It is because it makes girlfriend bored. In this story, when Ricky and Alexis go out together, Ricky tried to speak something. Therefore he made her bored. It is important that exchanging topic for talking.


----------------------------------------------------------------------




▼I also expressed character and story using Power Point.


----------------------------------------------------------------------

First, Ricky is a genius person. He is intelligent. Therefore, classmates always rely on him. If I were a classmate with him, I want ask about math many times because math is a subject I dislike. Do you like math? I forgot equation… Alright, I don’t care about that sort of thing anymore.

Next, why Ricky know about Alexis who is an American girl? A day, Alexis lost her direction. So Ricky told direction kindly. She was so happy. He also thought “she is so beautiful.” He hoped that meet her one more time. Later, his friend, Holly plans to hold a party. When he joins this party, surprisingly, Holly and Alexis are speaking!! Alexis is Holly’s cousin. He wants to speak to her. Gathering his courage, he speaks to her! But she forgot him. “Who are you?”

Ricky was shocked. But he listened her number secretly later. It is fearful. Hahaha. He sends a mail to her address. This content is going date.

So, Ricky and Alexis go out together! Ricky is so happy but he had any plan. He is also nervous. I tried to introduce his town well because Alexis came from California. He behaves in a fluster, she is bored. Comparing her town, she can’t good points about his town.

Later, Ricky listened silently Alexis is talking with someone on the phone. She speaks about date. She is not speaking goodly. Ricky also knows she has boyfriend. Holly knows that it is kind of him to introduce their town. Does Holly like him…?

----------------------------------------------------------------------

First I thought he is scary because he heard a girl's number secretly.

But....

I can feel sympathy with Ricky. It is because if I were Ricky, I can’t speak well with girlfriend. Also I thought he is pure boy. It is because he saw dream about his date while he is sleeping.

I became Artistic Adventure for the first time but it was so fun. It is because I could enjoy making Power point.


skyscraper:超高層ビル

roll up:(歓迎されない形で)やってくる

pleasant:(人に喜びを与える意味で)楽しい



コメント